Jobs at Zapnito
We welcome approaches from talented people who share our vision to return to the original purpose of the Internet: collective intelligence through trusted sources of expertise. If you are interested in working for Zapnito, email email@example.com with your CV & covering letter, explaining why you would love to join the Zapnito team.
New Business Director
- Software start-up in the media and communications sector
- London, UK
- £65k - £75k base and uncapped commission
- Includes equity in the business after 6 months
- Significant potential for promotion / growth
For an experienced, driven sales person this is the opportunity of a lifetime. This job offers great earning potential and the opportunity to be part of a growing business from the ground up. Your success is only constrained by the limits of your ambition.
Zapnito is a growing start-up that provides innovative and unique software and consulting services for building expert knowledge-sharing networks. Zapnito has leading-name customers in the media space, such as Springer Nature, Elsevier and McGraw-Hill, as well as huge potential for sales in markets as diverse as professional services, financial services and healthcare. The role offers great opportunity to tap into a vibrant, open market, to bring in new business from a wide variety of companies and sectors.
After a period of rapid growth, we are now looking to hire a full-time salesperson to join our 10-strong team. For the successful candidate this is an excellent career opportunity to become part of a growing start-up, as a core member of the business, establishing a new business function from scratch.
Based on performance, this role has the potential to develop into a Commercial Director position, growing the commercial team globally.
This is an office-based role, in London, with some flexibility to work from home, and travel required on occasion to visit clients in the UK and US.
Why choose Zapnito?
- Unlimited market potential
- Uncapped commission scheme
- Equity in a growing business, and the chance to help build it from the ground up
- The chance to make a real impact on a growing business
- Opportunity to work directly with the CEO and senior management team to inform sales strategy and process
- Significant scope for promotion
- A fun, flexible working environment
As our Account Director - New Business your role will involve:
- Prospecting, pursuing and securing new business from scratch (including extensive cold calling), globally and across market sectors. Creative and persistent new business acquisition is core to this role
- Determining client needs and creating opportunities to sell to different job titles within an organisation is a must
- Offering solutions to customer problems through matching Zapnito’s features and service to their requirements. Understanding company and individual business challenges is critical to the role, and experience in solution selling is essential
- Achieving revenue targets by quickly stimulating numerous sales opportunities and rapidly seeing them through to close is of course crucial
- Building up long term relationships and developing account plans for revenue growth will also be part of the role
The successful applicant will be:
- Well-connected in one or more of Zapnito’s target sectors: media, professional services, healthcare or financial services. You should have a list of people you’ll be calling on day one to introduce to Zapnito
- A great listener who creatively and effectively matches customer requirements to Zapnito’s solutions
- Confident and persuasive by phone and in person, someone who does not rely on email to communicate with prospects!
- A fast-paced, diligent self-starter who has the desire to progress
- Able to create high-quality, literate and persuasive sales materials and proposals
- Comfortable in negotiating high-value contracts
- Capable, and comfortable, in challenging the status quo
- Able to assert pressure to close comfortably and professionally
- A team player, keen to work with all members of the Zapnito team to make the business a success
- Above all else, driven to succeed. You should be goal-orientated, hungry, sharp, a quick thinker, business-savvy, inquisitive and competitive
And will have:
- At least 7 years’ sales experience
- Specific experience in B2B solution sales, by phone and F2F
- A strong new business development track record that can be backed up with evidence
- General business acumen and a passion for Zapnito’s industry
- A degree achieved at a minimum of 2:1 in any discipline (business-related degrees preferable; desirable but not critical)
- Experience of working in a start-up (desirable but not critical)
How to apply
Please email a detailed CV and covering letter that includes salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.